La Maison du Missionnaire host for long or short stays priests, religious people and foreign seminarians who come to France to learn French at CAVILAM (Centre d’Approches Vivantes des Langues et des Médias) – Alliance Française, official Qualité FLE distinction.
Internationally renowned, CAVILAM is 10 minutes from La Maison.
CAVILAM was established in 1964 by the universities of Clermont-Ferrand and the municipality of Vichy. Open year-round, CAVILAM has specialised in immersion-based French language. The school represents a crossroads of world cultures in France, attracting nearly 5000 students every year from over 120 nationalities. CAVILAM is renowned for its innovative approach to teaching languages.
The French language department offers :
- French courses for foreigners of all levels.
- Test centre: DEFL, DALF, TEF, TCF.
- Training courses for teachers of French as foreign language.
- The foreign language department: courses in English, German, Spanish, Italian and in other languages on request.
Authorised training centre.
1, avenue des Célestins
BP 72678 - 03206 VICHY - FRANCE
Tél : + 33 (0)4 70 30 83 83
Administrative steps for foreign fathers or seminarians coming to Vichy to study French language :
A) In your home country you must obtain :
- Passport + visa D (student)
- The tourist visa allows you to stay for a maximum of 90 days only.
- Birth certificate
B) On your arrival in France, you must report to the prefecture of your place of residence within 8 days with :
- Proof of accommodation
- 4 colour ID photos
- Birth certificate
- Photocopy of the first page of your passport (civil status and photo)
- Confirmation of enrolment ( sent by the CAVILAM)
- Medical certificate delivered in France ( it is compulsory to study and for health insurance)
NB: The candidate will have to go CAVILAM on Monday at 8 am to take a placement test. If the candidate is a beginner the test will take place the first Monday of each month at 8 am.
Download the full list of the administrative steps :